Wednesday, July 7, 2010

My life changing weekend!!!

I went on a long weekend road trip with my sister-in-law Aubrey. Our fist stop was Las Vegas, we picked up our sister Ashley and a night out on the strip!
Me sporting my sexy leg brace and the costumes people were wearing were great!
I even met President Obama, well someone that looked like him, but the picture didn't turn out so great.
Inside the Bilagio. What an amazing hotel. They change the flowers and theme every 3 months. Beautiful talent and gardens.

Then Aubrey and I headed to St. George, UT for our Mother's Retreat. It was the Power of Moms retreat that saved my life. Words can't describe what a blessing this experience has been for me. Maybe I just needed a 3 day break from everything, thank you Phil for holding down the fort, while taking 9 summer school credits.

These are 3 of my most treasured people. Linda, Shawni and Saren. I have never seen so much admiration for people as these ladies had for each other. I want my daughters and I to have what they have with each other. The love, spirit and admiration they have. Something definitely you have to work at, but I think the end result is pretty much amazing.
Thank you ladies for more than you know.

Alyson, April and Saren.
April and Saren are the two that put this whole thing together. You can learn more about the power of moms at www.powerofmoms.com Join the group, you will not regret it. Their goal is to reach as many mothers as possible, so go check them out.

We had wonderful topic discussions. Some of my favorite things I took away from the discussions were:
Life is long, you don't have to do it all right now.
Picture yourself 30 years from now, where do you want to be in relationships, work your way backwards.
Power Hour.
Laugh, play and have more joy.
Teach children ownership.
Seek to bless not to impress.
Repenting bench.
Love languages for children.
Taking care of the inner self.
Mind Organization.
Praising the girls more and just loving them.
Words can not describe how great this has been to try out so many different techniques and watch them work. I am forever grateful for the AMAZING change that has happened in our family. WOW...WOW.....WOW!!!
I love being a mom now, I might even try to have another baby because of how our lives are now. It was a great swift kick in the pants for me.

It was a small group of 30 ladies from all over the states. They all brought lots of great suggestions, support and love to the retreat.

Mind Organization. Check it out on the website. You won't regret it.


At each gourmet meal we had table topics and yummy food.

One evening we played games and felt like we were all at EFY again!

At the very beginning we had speed friendship, it was great! Susan here has 6 kids and is one of the most amazing people I've ever met. She was a power house at the retreat. Next time I go or host one of these I want to be the cool, calm, collective mom there!
So here's to the beginning of the rest of my life. What a great year this has already started off to be. 1st getting out of debt, 2nd loosing a bunch of weight and 3rd learning to be a better mom!

4 comments:

AudyCamp said...

that Power of Mom Workshop thing looks great!!! I would love to go to something like that. (Shawni is a good friend of my sister in laws. :)

Knudson Family said...

Bummer I missed you! We were up in Utah. Next time you come give me a call, number's still the same.

April Perry said...

Thanks so much for all your kind words, Miken! They really mean a lot. I got all choked up this morning when I read your comment on my blog. It really helps to know someone is benefiting from all this work. Of course, I feel like I'm the lucky one because I get to meet all you amazing moms. Good luck with your "new life." I'm loving mine, too!

HaYn Mama said...

OMGosh... I need this! I so need this! Especially after all that I've been through this year without a husband and practically pulling my hair out about my children. How do I find out when and where the next one is?